Executive Dean and Vice Dean Sought for IMUT College of Renewable Energy
Inner Mongolia University of Technology (IMUT) is inviting engineering educational talents to join in the faculty of our newly established College of Renewable Energy (CRE)
Inner Mongolia University of Technology (IMUT), located in Hohhot, Inner Mongolia, China, is a technical university offering bachelor, master and doctoral degrees in engineering, science, humanities, economics, law, management and art. With a faculty of 1522 and a total enrolment of 27800, the University consists of 19 colleges and centers, offering 66 undergraduate bachelor programs, 40 master’s programs and 6 doctors’ programs, of which 20 undergraduate programs are ranked national top-quality programs and 10 are ranked regional top-quality programs. IMUT has three postdoctoral research centers in Material Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Mechanics, and its engineering disciplines are in the top 1% of ESI.
College of Renewable Energy（CRE）
College of Renewable Energy, located in Ordos High-tech Industrial Park, is established by Inner Mongolia University of Technology under the support of Ordos City to serve the ever-increasing professional work force demand for the booming renewable energy industries in the region, as an answer to the Central government and Inner Mongolia government’s commitments to carbon emission reduction and transmission to renewable energies. The mission of the College is to provide professional experts and intellectual support for Ordos to develop into a renewable energy industrial base with 4 world class renewable energy industries by fostering technical innovation, engineering education, demonstrating new renewable applications and promoting university-industry collaboration.
The college offers 3 national rated top-quality bachelor degree in renewable energy science and engineering, energy and power engineering, and electrical engineering and automation. It offers 4 master's degree in electrical engineering, power engineering, clean energy technology, energy storage technology, and 2 doctoral degree in power engineering and chemical. The College also has a number of scientific research centers, including Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Wind and Solar Energy Utilization Technology, Engineering Research Centre of the Ministry of Education for Large Scale Energy Storage Technology, Engineering Research Centre of the Ministry of Education for Light Metal Materials Development and Processing Protection, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Key Laboratory of New Energy Storage Technology and Equipment, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Wind Power Technology and Testing Engineering Research Centre. At the same time, the College is constructing a prototyping and piloting base, actively responding to the call of the autonomous region to technological conversion and application.
Position Openings: Executive Dean and Vice Dean
A. Basic requirements
1. Applicants should abide by the Constitution and laws of the People’s Republic of China, acknowledging the leadership of the Communist Party of China and the socialist system. They should exhibit good political qualities, moral conduct, and a passion for higher education.
2. Applicants should show familiarity with higher education laws, alignment with the university’s educational philosophy, extensive management experience, strong coordination and communication skills. Candidates should possess a global perspective, innovative awareness, team spirit, rigorous attitude towards academic research. Having a forward-thinking strategic vision for the college’s development is crucial
3. Applicants must be in sound mental and physical condition.
B. Position-specific qualifications
1. Applicants should have a background in engineering related to the energy science from well-known universities or research institutes. Additionally, they should possess a strong academic reputation and significant social influence.
2. Applicants should hold a doctoral degree and have managerial or research work experience in the field of energy sciences with a typical age under 45. For those with overseas experience and familiarity with managing experience in renewable energy sectors, the age limit can be relaxed.
3. Applicants should possess an international academic perspective.
C. Conditions for Ineligibility
1. Applicants are ineligible for the positions if they have violated political discipline and rules.
2. Applicants are ineligible if their performance appraisal results for the previous year were rated as “barely qualified” or below.
3. Applicants in the period of punishment or in other prohibited situations are ineligible.
4. Applicants are ineligible if they are disqualified for the positions in accordance with the requirements of relevant laws.
II. Salary and benefits
1. This is a tenure-tracking position with the initial term of five years.
2. Annual salary range RMB 1-2 million, housing allowance RMB 0.8-2.5 million, and a research start-up fund of RMB 30 million in maximum.
3. Family members’ arrangements will be made based on the spouse’s qualifications for work, and children’s school enrollment can be coordinated.
III. Recruitment Procedures
A. Applicants should log in to the Inner Mongolia University of Technology job application website (https://zp.imut.edu.cn) to fill in personal application information. The required materials shall be submitted in accordance with the following requirements:
1. Fill in personal application information as prompted on the website.
2. Submit valid ID card (front and back), academic qualifications, degree certificates Additionally, provide professional and technical qualification certificates, award certificates, patent achievements, professional achievements, project achievements, work summaries, or job performance reports of the last three years
B. A qualification review for applicants will be conducted based on the recruitment conditions for the position. The qualification review runs through the entire recruitment process, and any discovery of applicants failing to meet the recruitment conditions or providing false materials will result in the cancellation of employment qualifications.
C. Candidates will be selected based on their merits, and interviews will be conducted in accordance with the relevant procedures.
D. Candidates for further consideration will be determined based on the interview results.
V. Contact Information:
Address: 49 Aimin Street, Xincheng District, Hohhot City, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, 010051
Contacts: Mr. Liu, Mrs. Cao
Contact Numbers: 0086-471-6575134; 0086-471-6576110
December 21, 2023